The Palace of Typographic Masonry was established as a foundation on 15 May 2018. The foundation pursues the following objectives:
1. Provide a physical and/or virtual environment for the creation of graphic design and a platform for the publication and presentation of associated work – graphic or otherwise;
2. Build a reference framework for graphic design;
3. Familiarise a diverse audience with a varied and relevant graphic design landscape;
4. Draw attention to graphic design as a unique discipline and profession;
5. Promote the recognition of individuals who have proven important to graphic design as a profession and/or the development of the field.
The board of the foundation consists of Hilde de Bruijn (freelance curator and curator at the Cobra Museum), Esther Krop (designer, publisher and founder De Monsterkamer) and Bonnie Dumanaw (freelance project manager, partner AB Cultural Producers).
The foundation The Palace of Typographic Masonry was established in collaboration with Linda Eversteijn and Myrthe van der Boom (Open Projects) and made possible by the Creative Industries Fund NL.